DSA Media is Western Canada’s largest independent media planning and buying company with a footprint in Victoria, Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, and Regina. We’re looking to add a Director of Finance to our team, who can be based in any one of our locations.
Our Director of Finance will be hands-on in their leadership position. They will oversee and manage a team of three, who are responsible for: AR, AP, payroll, business/media administration, budgeting, and reporting. You will manage our Accounting department and its functions, review and adjust procedures to ensure efficiencies, maintain financial control processes, develop and prepare timely financial statements. Advertising agency experience is preferred.
Key Qualifications include:
- CPA or equivalent accounting degree or designation.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience at an intermediate or managerial level in an Accounting department
- Excellent leadership qualities and success in building and leading a strong team
- Ability to provide financial strategic insights and recommendations to our Executive
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks and meet deadlines
- Excellent problem solving and judgement skills and high level of attention to detail and accuracy.
- Results driven.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Team player.
- Manage the strategic direction of the accounting department.
- The ability to provide direction, leadership and management of the activities of the accounting staff, including assigning and monitoring work, hiring, training and development, and evaluating.
- Coordinate monthly and year end procedures with external auditors.
- Oversee Accounting operations, systems and processes, reporting, administration.
- Proven track record of delivering results.
- Ability to exercise discretion.
Please identify your compensation expectations in your cover letter.